The fruit bears the resemblance of pumpkin but green in color which is used widely in cooking because of its sourness. The active ingredient in the Garcinia Cambogia is its skin which contains high quantity of hydroxycitric acid or HCA.
Hydroxycitric acid is derived from citric acid which results in effective weight loss. There are various theories regarding how HCA promotes weight loss but the exact thing is not known. Nowadays, Garcinia Cambogia is widely known as a weight loss agent which is highly marketed online and television infomercials. But the occurred weight loss is short termed. When Garcinia Cambogia is consumed following a healthy diet and proper exercise yields faster results of weight loss. Users should avoid alcohol and increase healthy foods to shed more kilos and maintain lost weight for a longer period.
Though, Garcinia Cambogia is termed natural; it has its own bunch of side effects when misused. So going by herbal and natural label do not provide any safety and efficiency of medicines. When Garcinia Cambogia supplements are used with other ingredients like Hydroxycut and may cause severe damage to the liver.
Initially, Garcinia Cambogia may cause mild side effects like dryness in the mouth, headaches, dizziness, stomach upset and diarrhea till the body gets used to it. But, when these symptoms persist more than three days, a user should consult the doctor to overcome the situation. Though Garcinia Cambodia is herbal it should not be used by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. New studies have found that Garcinia Cambogia can help reduce high blood sugar but while using Garcinia Cambogia for any purpose, a user should consult the family doctor first.
Garcinia Cambogia does not harm the central nervous system as other stimulants and does not even cause anxiety, sleep deprivations, stress and do not alter blood pressure and more over its efficiency remain the same.
Dosage of Garcinia Cambogia
- To avail benefits, proper dosage of Garcinia Cambogia must be taken as recommended.
- Even consuming supplements at regular timing plays a major role.
- But, result explains that it may vary for every individual and not the same.
- Now Garcinia Cambogia is manufactured by many companies with different names and choosing the best supplement also matters.
- Garcinia Cambogia pills should be consumed half an hour before the meal.
- 1000 mg pills of Garcinia Cambogia twice a day is sufficient for an adult.
- Garcinia Cambogia supplements works best when taken in empty stomach.
- Once after consuming Garcinia Cambogia in empty stomach user is not supposed to consume another half an hour since the pill dissolves in water rapidly and works best.
- Few users consume Garcinia Cambogia supplements after one hour since it reduces appetite and reduce binge eating resulting in weight loss.
- The everyday dosage of Garcinia Cambogia depends on the user’s weight and metabolism and maintaining standard dosage is necessary.
- The standard recommended dosage is 500 mg to 1500 mg of hydroxycitric acid per day.
- Consuming two pills a day results in weight loss since the supplements reduces hunger.